The Robe Gnome (prize for DFL finisher) this year goes to the inaugural race's 2nd place finishers, Chris Tretwold & Ryan Bradley, who both actually SWAM TO THE FINISH LINE trailing their boats .. setting a new standard for slow-ass-slow ..
The Golden Glove award for MVP safety boater goes to Hood River rat Jay Gifford, who bagged like 4 swimmers at Catcher's Mitt.
Shhurdle got the Stein Weasel award, but he always wins that ..
Here are the complete results.
(1) Aaron Johnson / Brian Fletcher (27:56)
(2) Rob McKibbin / Ben Hawthorne (28:45)
(3) Kurt Braunlich / Louis Geltman (29:07)
(4) Jon Prentice / Darren Albright (30:38)
(5) Sean Bozkewycz / Adrian Kiernan (31:59)
(6) Bryan Smith / Todd Gillman (32:52)
(7) Hale Hannaway / Jon Dufay (33:58)
(8) Brad Xanthopoulos / Marco Colella (34:23)
(9) Jonathan Ehlinger / Andrew Oberhardt (36:10)
(10) Scott Waidelich / Nick Hinds (36:41)(S)
(11) Steve Arns / Matt Kompass (36:50)
(12) Fred Norquist / Niko Peha (38:03)(S)
(13) Ken Olivier / Sam the Kiwi (40:27)
(14) Shane Robinson / Brock Gavery (40:54)(S)
(15) Don Beveridge / Darcy Gaechter (41:30)(S)
(16) Chris Tretwold / Ryan Bradley (55:15)(S)
Racer group shot at the starting line. (thanks for the pic, Erin P.)
So, in all the chaos & exhaustion at the end of the race, I totally blew it. I really wanted to pass the hat for our good pal Matt Thomas, who raced in the inaugural Robe Race, but who is now dealing with this pesky paralysis issue. Matt will be heading to San Diego for Project Walk, a spinal cord injury rehab facility. He's excited for the opportunity ... but ... the cost is about $1,200/week, & insurance covers exactly $0.00/week. So that's why we're shaking the tree on his behalf. Please, if you are able, make a PayPal donation through MATT'S BLOG. Thanks!
*** I'll work on a proper recap with lots of photos & stories as soon as I can. Email me your best photos of the day if you want them included. Back to work!***